Unwinding in Solitude

Life is a funny thing. It's meant for the living but most of us walk around like we're dead. I find myself in a world full of the most advanced technology, yet I'm lacking stimulation. Our society is full of diversity but my porridge is bland. I'm seeking a new thrill, an exciting emotion, a way for me to have a creative release. And it's hard to know what that is and in what form it will be. And so I sit alone. Alone with my thoughts, as the wind and the rain dance outside.Solitude.

I still struggle with the idea of letting go, with sending my cares to the wind and trusting all will work out. I like to force the issue, be in control. If the earth spins one way, I'm trying to spin it the opposite. And believe me, I don't give up easily. It's both a blessing and a curse. If I am determined, I am a force to be reckoned with. In one hand I see fate and in the other I see my control. Which hand do I shake with today? What hand do I use to turn the knob? 

Yet even as the words are typed out before me, I know the path is already unwinding. I know it's not the end of the current one I am on, either. I know somewhere, over the hill, is a new destination. I know I'll will arrive. Right on time.



And make it home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This summer the cycle changed. This summer my Mom died.

Valentine's Day Post Love

Destination: Self