Table For One

Have you ever been out with friends or a significant other and noticed people dining alone? Or been to the movies and been envious of the person sitting alone with a large popcorn and they don't have to share? I'm going to be this person.

I've never been that independent. The nature of my personality lends itself to doing things with someone. Even walking I've got my dog by my side. I've come a long way from being very co-dependent to more independent over the last 4 years. But I'm not where I want to be. And here's the sad thing, I don't think I enjoy my own company. I don't like myself enough to spend time with myself. I prefer to hang with my buddies-but even this is a crutch I use for a distraction. If I make myself busy enough, I don't need to spend time just me, myself and I.

So, it's time for a little experiment. A little journey on the path to self love and getting to know myself more, while increasing my independence. And why not blog about these adventures? The time is perfect for it.

I had my car serviced yesterday and the shuttle driver asked, "You have any kids?" -No. "You married?" -No. "Well then, you lucky bugger, you're living the life!" I smiled, laughed awkwardly. Am I? I tend to not always think so. Time for an attitude adjustment.

I've decided to do 25 things on my own. I think it will allow me to grow a little as a person. I'll start slow and work my way up. Please add some suggestions for me with your comments below. Tell me what you think. Am I on the right track? I'll need your help and suggestions as I've only figured out 11 things so far. Give me your best ideas. Here are mine in no particular order:

1) Go see a movie by myself
2) Eat dinner by myself out in public
3) Head to the mountains for a hike or walk about
4) Pack a picnic and head to a park by myself
5) Travel somewhere new alone!
6) Go take pictures by myself- I do love photography
7) Have a spa day alone
8) Some sort of home reno project- like putting up my artwork- I have some things to spray paint
9) Go for a really nice long drive by myself
10) Learn to meditate daily and be grateful for what I have in my life
11) Check out an art gallery alone
......to be continued.

Cheers to dating myself and growing as an individual. Stay tuned!


Comments

  1. I love you. I love this. I'll think on some to add and I may join you! .. by myself of course .. like you over there and me over here hehe from Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This summer the cycle changed. This summer my Mom died.

Isolation

Destination: Self